Sunday 24 July 2011

I’m holding daddy so that he won’t fall

There’s a fun story behind this layout. When I came out of our home one day I found my loved ones up on a ladder. I thought it looked dangerous and were just about to say to our daughter that she should beware so that she would not fall. But before I had a chance to say something she said: “I’m holding daddy so that he won’t fall”. ;)

This is a “Basic Grey layout”. I loved the color combination in the Hello Luscious collection so much that I wanted to scrap it just the way it is. I have used patterned papers, die-cuts and rub-ons from the collection. I also used dies and an edge punch to create my own embellishments and letters. I chose not to have a photo mat as I thought that would be “too much” when using so much embellishments.
The background is colored with lime green mist and stamped with Tim Holtz ‘shabby shutters’. I placed the journaling along the left side of the paper.



Thanks for looking!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Helene, how cute is what your little girl said, I am so glad you captured this. Those papers are divine and the misting and then stamped is an amazing idea, looks great. That wasn't gesso on my layout (I wish I had some though) it was just normal acrylic paint, hope you have a great day. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how gorgeous a precious moment ... love the page Helene .. super work .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. For en søt historie som hører til denne herlige layouten!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!