Thursday 7 July 2011

We love our wild mysterious garden

This LO is made for the July challenge at Kraft it up. This month they have an inspiration challenge based on a picture of light turquoise cupcakes. I took inspiration in the colors as I thought they were so beautiful to combine with kraft.


I took the opportunity to use some papers and embellishments from Bo Bunny’s Gabrielle as they have just the right colors. I love to use butterflies on my layouts and I love the color combination on these papers. Usually, I try to mix so that one collection won’t be too dominant. But in this case I wanted to highlight Bo Bunny’s color combination. I did, however, add some light purple and some lime green. I also added some butterflies from Pink Paislee to obtain a more mixed feeling.

I used white ink on a mask to decorate the background. This mask from Prima was perfect to reproduce the rather overgrown feeling we have in our garden. I also splashed on some acrylic paint in lilac and lime green. The beautiful frond is a die-cut from K & Company.

Thanks for looking!!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Helene, this is just so stunning, I love how you used the mask and then cut the gorgeous butterflies from that Bo Bunny paper, the photo and everything is just stunning, love to you. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G. !!!!! i LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PAGE .. awesome work .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Gorgeous!! Love those Splatters of paint & of course Those Butterflies, I'm a Sucker for Butterflies................
    Thanks for playing along @ KIU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW so gorgeous Helene.. love all the butterflies and your masked background!! What a beautiful photo! Thanks for playing along at KIU :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Helene!!! love the misting and the butterflies are so cute ...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastisk fin layout, Helene!
    (I går ble din RAK premmie sendt fra Norge)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just the loveliest layout you've made, Helene, and I love butterflies too!! Thanks for playing at KIU this month xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is sooo beautiful helene... totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helene, I just popped in to say Congratulations on you WIN over at Kraft It Up. I just knew your page would be one of the winners. Everything about it was fabulous. Got to love butterflies. Again congrats. Cheers Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. your layout is STUNNING and a very deserved win...big congrats from me! x :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!