Tuesday 6 September 2011

So fun to sleep in the cottage!

This layout is made for September Challenge at Kraft it up! The challenge is to use fabric or stitching on the layout. So fun! I love that, but for some reason I don’t do it often. So I take the opportunity to do it now!

This picture is taken when our daughter should go to bed in her grandparents’ cottage. She was so thrilled and thought it was so exciting. Watching her woke a lot of good memories for both me and her father. We both felt the same way when we were kids and were to spend the night somewhere…


As this memory is from a cottage I wanted the layout to have sort of a country feeling. I thought it was suitable with fabric and stitching. The fabric strip comes from an old pair of jeans. I stitched it onto the cardstock with a machine.

I also stitched the letters in the title to make it look like a banner.


The journaling and the beginning of the title are found on the top left.

The flowers are made with dies and colored with ink. The background is decorated with ink, a mask and acrylic paint.

Thank you SO much for looking!!!

8 comments:

  1. Totally Gorgeous!!!
    SOoo much to LOVE about this Layout.....
    The Cherry Blossom template,The flowers, the fabric strip of jeans,the Splatters of Paint all are Superb...........
    Thanks for playing along @ KIU!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning Helene absolutely love it !!!!! amazing .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Especially the subtle way you've used that cherry blossom template

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really stunning layout! I love how you have used the circles too! Fab work!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW a totally gorgeous LO Helene.. love all the beautiful layered detail and fab techniques!! Thanks so much for playing along at KIU :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just wonderful Helen. I love your mix of colors against the Kraft and what a fun fabulous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page love the masking...what a fun photo ...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helene, this is such a sweet beautiful page, I love it! I love denim on scrap pages, and I have some calling to me to use it soon too!!! It's great the way you've used it frayed. The whole look with the flowers and stitching is great, and I really really love that blossom stamp. Gee I wish I had one of those! Deb xoxox p.s. thanks for visiting me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!