Sunday 30 September 2012

Crayfish party

I can finally share this awesome news with you – I have been asked to join the design team for Allt om Scrap!!! I feel SO honored!!! Allt om Scrap is a Swedish Web Magazine with a very high standard on both the articles and the designers! (The last magazine had more than 11.000 readers!) The latest number, which was published today is filled with inspiration! It’s written in Swedish but you can get just as inspired just by looking at the pictures! And it’s for free!!! Take a look it here!
I actually managed to squeeze in a layout. It’s a layout on the autumn theme.
I chose to scrap some photos from a ‘kräftskiva’ (a party where we eat crayfish, which is a tradition here in Sweden in august). On these parties it’s a tradition to wear a special kind of (silly) party hats, and of course the girls wanted to make their own.
I wanted the layout to be red, black and white. I have colored the background with PanPastel and spayed with some different Dylusions inks on templates. I filled some of the diamond shapes with a black pen and marked its contours with a white pen. I also used some modeling paste on a template to make some structured flowers. I marked their contours with a black pen. I finally splashed on some acrylic paint. The crayfish embellishments are bought in the grocery store and are the same as the girls used on their party hats. :)

Here’s some close ups:


Thanks for popping by!!! And a special thanks to you girls who wanted me on the team! Now, don’t forget to pop over to Allt om Scrap to read the free magazine!!!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your appointment to Allt om Scrap. Your layout is so exciting with so much detail Helene.I visited Sweden two years ago, Stockholm specifically. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again Helene - How do I become a magazine follower? Link isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on your new creative appointment, sounds like fun :)
    Btw, I adore this LO. It is so cool with the crayfish theme and all the fun colourings and pastes you have done as a background. Great choise of colours :)
    Ønsker deg en morsom og kreativ uke med mange nye oppgaver :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this so much!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parabéns!!!
    Este é FABULOSO.
    Eu gosto de todas as texturas e a combinação de cores é incrível.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grattis!! Bra val att ta med dig!! :-D Härligt, kladdig LO du gjort i underbara färger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhhhhh!!!! I love that background! Great page!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!