Thursday 29 November 2012

Two Halloween layouts

I thought I better finish my Halloween layouts before it’s time to start creating Christmas layouts. I guess you have seen the December Daily Challenge at Allt Om Scrap so you can guess that there are a lot of Christmas colors, papers and embellishments dancing around in my head trying to find the right partner to make up an idea for a layout… If you want to join in on the challenge you can read more here.
But first I want to celebrate Halloween here at my blog. :)
I have two layouts to share. The first one shows DD and a friend making Halloween pumpkins. As I have never done any Halloween layout before I thought it was fun to make it in traditional colors with a lot of orange.
I have used a lot of gesso, some petrol blue acrylic paint and splashed on both Dylusions Ink Spay and acrylic paint in many different colors.

The second layout shows DD and her little scary friends at our Halloween party. The text says “When the skeleton is having a party the pirate and the bat is coming”. I wanted the layout to be dark and “scary” and I didn’t want to use orange. First I draw a big white spider web on the background. Then I used different patterned papers, tape, gesso and black Dylusions Ink Spray. I also used some muslin to look like spider web. The bats are made using a die.

And a close-up:

So what do you think? Would you dare to be in that content?
Thanks for popping by! Have a nice week!!

3 comments:

  1. Masse herlig Halloween papir og pynt på begge LOne, så gøy å få lage sine egne gresskar.
    Et skikkelig morsomt blide på den nederste LOen og jentene ser flotte ut i kostymet sitt. Her er det mye fin pynt. Liker flaggermusene og nettet du har laget til. Ha en fifn fin helg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first is so fun!
    The second is wonderful as always,
    I love the spider web and dark color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fantastic!!! Love them! Totally loving the web on the second one!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!