Wednesday 5 June 2013

Recycling at ARTastic

The challenge at ARTastic this month is to use recycled material (i.e. minimal commercial products) on your layout. The inspiration piece is ‘Robin’s Nest’ by environmental artist Susan Schenk.
Interesting, when you start thinking… It’s quite hard to find anything that is not commercial products. I mean, even if it’s not a scrapbooking product it’s still a commercial product. All I could think of was flowers and branches from the garden. But I like colorful layouts… Then I came up with the idea to use garbage. That can’t be seen as a commercial product! So I want out to the trash can to get the product packaging from DD’s play toys. :)
Everything on the layout is garbage, except for the photo, some mixed media products and washi tape. Here’s the result:
I had a great time creating this. And when DD saw it she wanted to do the same. So we are spreading thoughts about recycling to the next generation. :)
Thanks for looking!! I hope you want to play along! Don’t forget to pop over at the ARTastic blog. There’s some awesome inspiration by the DT girls!

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful too!
    I love to recycle, I loved the result beautifully colored.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you used the packaging on your layout :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!