Friday 4 April 2014

Silliness at ARTastic

April starts with April Fool’s Day and “in honour of pranksters and joke loving people, the inspiration piece at ARTastic comes from the Alice in Wonderland series of painting by Charles Blackman". Criteria is anything goes but your photo must depict crazy antics, silliness or just having loads of fun.

I chose a photo of DD and her grandfather posing in a silly way. When he does something silly (happens very often) she is immediately copying him. :)

 
I used yellow watercolour, purple acrylic paint and green ink on a template (to match the pattern from the chess board) to create the background.
 
I thought I should start to show you some small tips and tricks/ideas when I have some. On this page I show a way to create embellishments that you can use in the same way as flair buttons. I have used two different stamps, cut them out and fastened them with 3D Foam. In this way you add texture to your page and get an embellishment in exactly the shade you want! If you use a lot of wet media to create your background this might also be the only way to add it as the layout is wrinkled…

I hope you enjoyed this!

Thanks for stopping by! Take care!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute and awesome LO Helene . Det ble en Skikkelig morsom LO med dette herlige bildet. Det ser ut som de koser seg og har det gøy sammen :) 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastisk flot layout. Lækker baggrund du har lavet og med mange fine detaljer! Herligt foto. Og fin måde at lave pynten på, som flair buttons. :)
    Rigtig god weekend til dig!
    /Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it;design and layering inspiring!
    PRETTY result.

    Hugs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this eclectic layout! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello there! I´ve left you something over at my blog and would be great if you could answer the questions and continue this one :) xoxo,Sanna
    http://www.papierstau.at/2014/04/16/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun page! Thanks for the home made "buttons" idea, too! There can never be too many good tricks for home made embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!