Sunday 27 April 2014

Burlap and a tutorial on Pan Pastel and acrylic paint


Today Allt Om Scrap shows some inspiration on how to use burlap on your layouts. I chose to use one of those gorgeous burlap embellishments that you can find on the market at the moment. To make it fit better with the theme of the layout I added some black ink at its edges to make it look Dirty.



Here is a close up:
 


I also did a tutorial on my background:

I first added modelling paste on a template using an old putty knife. After it dried I added Pan Pastel  in yellow and red using a sponge. You can see how the Pan Pastel makes the dots more visible at the photo. Finally I added black acrylic paint. I added the paint…
 


…And spread it where I wanted it using the same putty knife as before. After the paint has dried you can stamp, add embellishments or whatever you want.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this! :)

Take care, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial on the background, love how it subtly emphasizes the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking of here looks amazing!
    I love that you are sharing the tutorial, thanks.
    Hugs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a funky layout! Love the black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking around, and I'm in love how you always use enamel dots, puffy stickers and wood veneers in a row under each other.. I have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your background!!! love, love, love the black contrast :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!